Custom Search

Monday, December 8, 2008

Bon Iver - Blood Bank EP





This EP has been leaked a little earlier than its anticipated official release in late January. I think this is more along the strain of "For Emma, A Long Time Ago" however the last track "Woods" plays more like The Album Leaf with acoustic guitar mixed with voice manipulation. I don't know how I feel about this voicebox  movement, which has been picked up and carried into oblivion by Top 40 power pop Hip-Hop. I'm interested to see what you gents think. All and all I'm still a fan of Justin Vernon; just a little concerned about his direction if this is the way he's going.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I agree that the voice modulator is a weird fit for the guy. The other songs are great though, maybe even living up to the impressive standard of For Emma.