Custom Search

Monday, March 30, 2009

Blind Pilot


I know this is a little bit different from our most recent fare but having met my good friend in DC for some serious getting sensitive music and minor theft, I had to post this band. Anyway Blind Pilot is the duo of Israel Nebeker and Ryan Dobrowski from Portland. Last year the band embarked on a West Coast tour, traveling and hauling all their equipment with them on their bikes. In order to create their first full length album, the duo spent three months living and recording in a warehouse in Astoria, OR. Their first record, "Three Round and a Sound" was released on Expunged Records in June '08. This album is pretty solid. 

The Story I Heard is pretty impressive. One Red Thread is good too. It's chorus of "Man oh Man...you can do what you want" is the perfect way to describe the feelings of this album; of love and the feeling of loss that comes with it. I feel like (and I think Knight would agree with me) the drums should come in much heavier on "what you want" of the chorus. I added Go on and say it because its getting a lot of blog buzz, but to be honest these bees are buzzing up the wrong song. Let me know what you think. 



Blind Pilot - The Story I Heard (YSI)
Blind Pilot - One Red Thread (YSI)
Blind Pilot - Go on and Say It (YSI)

No comments: